Saturday, June 25, 2011

Auntie Shelly & Sin City Comedy

I was D-R-A-G-G-I-N-G this morning! We decided to hit the pool and had a fantastic time! What a great public pool they have there in Henderson.






We got home and did the whole bath thing while Alicia took Jackson and Gage to their swim lessons. She got home and in a whirlwind we were out the door, heading to her mom's house for a family BBQ.

We snacked on pita w/ hummus and shrimp cocktail, waiting for dinner, which I didn't get. As Alicia was taking the salmon off the grill, Brian tells me, you should leave. GREAT!

I never gave a thought to my cousin's needing to transport the kiddos back to their house and car seats. Brian handed me the key to his brand new, 2011 Volkswagon Jetta. I laughed. He was serious. I drove like a Granny onto the Strip. Hilarious! When I got to Planet Hollywood, where I was meeting my Auntie Shelly, I texted Alicia and said, "Tell Brian his car corners like it's on rails." I was LMBO the entire time texting it. She wrote back, "Drive it like you STOLE IT!!!!!"

Auntie Shelly got off at the wrong monorail stop, so I had time to myself sitting in Planet Hollywood. We saw Sin City Comedy and it STUNK! They claimed to have Burlesque, and it was terrible. I would NOT recommend the show, even though it has great reviews.

We grabbed a cookie, walked around the mall of Planet Hollywood, and decided to go back to my Aunt's room at the Flamingo to wait for her husband, my Uncle Mark, her parents, and cousins to arrive. They were flying in tonight.


When we got the parking garage, I lost Brian's car. What's his license number? I don't know, he didn't either, he just got the plates last week. FINALLY we found it, by clicking the emergency button.

Back at the hotel, we jumped on the elevator and when the doors closed we all kind of looked at each other. It made a weird noise. Each floor people got on, people got off, until we were it, heading up to the 20th floor. We reached 20, and then the elevator fell slightly, to the 19th. We kept hitting the open door button, but it wouldn't open. When they did, it was SLOW. I said, "GET OUT!" I have seen one too many horror movies and we literally jumped out of that elevator. We waited for another one and got up to Auntie Shelly's room where we hung out until around midnight.

I got to see Uncle Mark, meet Auntie Shelly's parents, and cousins, and stood in the registration line with them for an hour and a half. I finally had to go, it was pushing 2 a.m. again.

I didn't drive the Jetta back to Henderson like a Granny. I drove like I ordinarily would, and pumped the music. LOVE Brian's Jetta! Nobody was awake waiting for me this time. I'm going to crash in Jackson's car bed and try to rest before we get up, get packed and head out in the morning.

BTW, STARVING!!!

0 comments: