Saturday, June 20, 2009

Wrapping Up Spring Reading Thing 2009

Disappointed, again, as I have failed yet another reading challenge. Spring Reading Thing 2009 has come to a conclusion. My original post can be found here. Katrina, over at Callapidder Days, asked us to answer a few questions ... be prepared to cringe.

Did you finish reading all the books on your spring reading list? If not, why not? I did not. I had high hopes, and there was no reason as to why I couldn't have gotten through at least half of them. However, two weeks prior to the challenge starting, I ordered a compilation book of Interview with a Vampire, The Vampire Lestat, and Queen of the Damned from ebay. NEVER arrived. I opened a case via paypal, and almost 3 weeks later, I won. GREAT, right? I have the money to purchase said book again. I purchased said book again, different seller, and he decided not to send it for 4 weeks. UGH! Fortunately, I had bought the Sleeping Beauty erotic series as well and thus, began reading the BOTTOM of my list first.

Did you stick to your original goals or did you change your list as you went along? My original goals went to the cutting room floor very quickly and I had to improvise.

What was your favorite book that you read this fall? Least favorite? Why? My favorite book turned out to be the second of the series, Beauty's Punishment. I enjoyed the storyline in this book better than book 1. My least favorite was the last book, Beauty's Release. The book seemed rushed, not as in depth as the previous two books, storyline was all over the place, and it just plain fizzled.

Did you discover a new author or genre this fall? Did you love them? Not love them? I enjoyed the erotic books very much so and I think I will research other authors with similar writings.

Did you learn something new because of Spring Reading Thing 2009 — something about reading, or yourself, or a topic you read about? I learned that with every good intention I have, my children and life are stronger willed and bring me down! LOL

What was your favorite thing about the challenge? I enjoy checking out what everyone else is reading and reading their reviews.

0 comments: