Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Sookie Stackhouse

Another reading challenge? YES! I had great intentions this year, but, as always, life throws a wrench in it. There is a saying, Man plans, God laughs and seriously, I get hit with it often. Having said all of that, and seeing as my 100+ Reading Challenge, or Operation Actually Read the Bible, won't happen in 2009, I opted to join Beth Fish in her Sookie Stackhouse Reading Challenge.

Sookie Stackhouse, for those who don't know, is the main character in Charlaine Harris's Southern Vampire series, as well as the HBO hit series, True Blood. I find it interesting that this challenge came upon me today, as Hubby and I spent the last 2 weeks catching up on season 1 of True Blood On Demand, for the season 2 premiere last Sunday. I couldn't help seeing the similarities between True Blood and Twilight (and ya'll know what a Twilight geek I am), so I had decided I would read this series to see what was stolen from whom.

The Books:

Dead Until Dark
Living Dead in Dallas
Club Dead
Dead to the World
Dead as a Doornail
Definitely Dead
All Together Dead
From Dead to Worse
Dead and Gone

This challenge doesn't start until July 1, 2009 and ends June 30, 2010. An entire year for 9 books...if I don't finish this challenge, I am a lost cause.

0 comments: