Thursday, November 23, 2006

What I'm Thankful For...

I was over at my best friends last night. Her daughter, Annie, is just months younger than my Cameron. Annie was showing me all the turkey's she and her brother Jeremy made for school projects. Jeremy's family turkey project was camouflaged as Mickey Mouse! SO SERIOUSLY CUTE! So, Annie made a turkey, titled, "What I'm Thankful For" and on each feather she wrote one thing she was thankful for. One feather said mom and dad, another said God, and so on. On the first feather of her turkey, although misspelled, it said Mandelyn. I'm telling you, it warmed my heart and made me teary eyed. It just goes to show you that almost 6 months after Mandelyn has left us for bigger and better places, she's on the mind of all, young and old. I'm thankful for my friendship with Annie's mother and her four great, hilarious, smart, rowdy children. God Bless and have a Happy Thanksgiving.

0 comments: