Wednesday, November 22, 2006

That Hug

I have told anyone who would listen about the last hug I got from Mandelyn. The boys and I were at Target and it just so happened that Sara and Mandelyn were there too. When Mandelyn looked our way, she ran up to me, arms wide open, and practically knocked me over. That hug was special to me because she hadn't hugged me like that since I was pregnant with Dylan. She hated not being able to jump all over me while I was pregnant. Let's be honest, until Dylan arrived, she hated that I was pregnant. LOL Anyway, I was so happy that she hugged me like that. I picked her up and kissed her. We held on to that hug longer than any other. The next day, when I was at the hospital, all I could think about was that hug. That hug was her goodbye to me and I couldn't be more grateful for that. Here's the thing now. That hug has been recycled. My baby handsome is now running to me, arms wide open, smiling from ear to ear, and giving me Mandelyn's hug. He started this the day before yesterday. The first time he did it, I was like, hey, I love it! He does it to me 10 times a day now and I couldn't be happier. I know it's a part of Mandelyn that is giving me that hug. On a day like tomorrow, I can't think of anything better to be grateful for: my family, the time spent with Mandelyn the night before the accident, the last hug Mandelyn gave me, and now receiving that same hug from Mandelyn's baby handsome!

0 comments: