Saturday, November 11, 2006

Far too long...

11:20 last night…I'm sitting in bed, flipping channels, waiting for Mike to come to bed, when out of nowhere, there she is. I can smell her just like it was June 1st. It's a candy smell, one I have smelled before since she's been gone. I started talking to her instantly. I told her, "I love you Mandelyn. I miss you. But, you need to go see your Mommia more than you need to be here with us. Before you leave, see Cameron too. It's been too long since your last visit." Am I crazy? No. Would I have told someone they were crazy if they said these things? Absolutely, if you had asked me before June 2nd of this year. This isn't our first visit. In fact, she came around A LOT in the beginning, and not to just us. Her spirit was so strong in life, why wouldn't it be just as strong in death? How do I know if she saw Cameron last night? I don't even have to ask. He woke up this morning singing, "I like to moob it, moob it." It's actually, "I like to move it, move it" but she couldn't say that. So, they were dancing last night, which totally means the world to me, because those two could break it down! Maybe someday I'll get on here and tell you all the stories of her visits to me, to Cameron, to Dylan, to her cousins in Washington, to her best friend, to her Gaga…you think we're all crazy? I haven't seen her, but then again, I've lost my Peter Pan complex, haven't I? I grew up. I'm just so happy she took time out to check in on us, because as I've said, it's been far too long since her last visit. I know wherever she is right now, she knows I love her, she knows I miss her, and she knows how cherished she is too me.

0 comments: