Monday, July 1, 2013

Family Command Center

I decided that this summer I would pick a few Pinterest ideas and run with them. My main objective was to have a Command Center up and running before school starts August 5th. Today it came to fruition.

The original idea came from A Bowl Full of Lemons. I had pinned it under Organizing and went on the hunt for thirty-one gifts. I was not prepared to pay the $$$ for the Hang-Up Home Organizer. Ever the ebay gal, I went on the search. I found a brand new, in much cuter design I might add, for $0.99 plus $9.99 shipping. DONE. Once in hand, I went to work.

Each family member is color coded and has a pocket for important papers. I chose the color orange, always thinking of my Beloved, for family functions. I located cute, functional and free, printable calendars at Pretty Unpretentious Blog. I decided to keep the calendar out of one of the 2 pockets for easier access to jot down any last minute appointments or changes. I used one of the pockets for the lunch menu, so the kiddos aren't asking me every morning what's for lunch. I decided to use the last pocket for something spiritual. Another search for printable scriptures and voila, I have about a dozen amazing scripture based pictures printed on card stock to switch out at will.

On a side note: I would really love to find someone to paint my hall tree, it definitely needs some TLC.

0 comments: