Monday, July 15, 2013

Cameron Goes to Camp 2013

For the fifth year we have driven to Fontana and dropped Cameron off at the Camp's bus stop. For the fifth year we have been abundantly blessed to have fundraised the money we need to send Cameron to camp for 2 weeks. In my opinion the opportunity afforded to Cameron to attend diabetic camp is priceless. He is learning the skills he needs to keep himself alive. He's only got 5 years before he goes out into the world relying on himself. I won't always be there. (I admit it scares the hell out of me to think of him handling this wretched disease alone!) This year Cameron leaves the youth session behind and begins his time at teen camp with the older kids. See you in 2 weeks son!

As has become our ritual, we watch the buses leave and then the littles and I head to The Cheesecake Factory (Best. Guacamole. Ever.) to begin our vacation minus Cameron. I think they were stuffed and approved.

0 comments: