Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Oh, the Places You'll Go!

I can't believe it. Pretty has graduated Kindergarten. Where has the time gone? It seems like just yesterday I was dropping her off to her first day of school. Two years hasn't done much for my emotional state, I woke up feeling the familiar tug on what's left of the pieces of my heart. I told myself I was going to be stronger today, and thanked the good Lord for Cameron not having an 8th grade promotion/graduation ceremony to attend this week.

I gathered my tripod, video camera, nook, and set off to drop the kiddos off to school. I had no intention of being so far back in the crowd, as I was with Dylan's graduation, and so I was going to cop a squat in the courtyard until the chairs were set out and grab a front row seat. As luck would have it, as Peyton and I exited the van, Ms. Cambridge hollered out, "Ms. Johnson, can I see you as soon as you cross the parking lot?" My first instinct was, "OH CRAP! What did I do?" Habits are hard to break sometimes. ;) As I walked up to Ms. Cambridge she said, "It looks like you're planning to stick around for a bit." I said I was and offered my help. YEA! Something to keep my mind off of today.

I walked into the courtyard and saw some of my favorite Kindergarten buddies. I gave high-fives and was telling each of them how awesome I thought their self-portrait was. As I come around the corner Mr. Coppers says, "You have entirely too much spunk this morning. How much coffee have you had?" I told him I don't drink coffee and he responds, "You lie!" I laughed and replied, "Honest. If I don't stay up, I'm going to crash hard." He chats me up while I waited to start my morning job.

When it came time to grab seats, I had the perfect front row spot and couldn't be happier. Mom's that I have been blessed to get to know this year kept my spirits up and I didn't cry. I felt more detached than I would have liked, but self preservation kicks in unexpectedly.

This year's theme, Oh, the Places You'll Go by Dr. Seuss, was a HUGE success.


















The graduate asked for a lunch date at Carl's Jr. and so that's what she got. Then we went home and I took some pics of her with her certificate. I am so very proud of you Peyton. I know Daddy is beaming with pride as well. I am blessed to be able to join you for the ride along.

0 comments: