Saturday, April 2, 2011

Dating (From Cameron's Perspective)

I tried to post this to my Facebook wall (several times) but it still isn't showing up as a whole post.

Cameron: Mom, will you ever live with somebody again?

Me: I live with 3 somebodies.

Cameron: No, I mean...will you ever date?

Me: OH! Cameron...I...uh...

Cameron: I just don't want you to be lonely Mom. You have too much love to give and some guy is going to get a great catch.

Me: Cameron, what do you know about a great catch?

Cameron: You're a fantastic cook, you're the best mom, you're fun and funny and you deserve to be happy. He (the, uh, guy I'm suppose to date, according to Cameron) won't replace Dad, but he'll be just as lucky as Dad to have you. He (the guy Cameron has me dating) is going to have to be awesome to win your heart Mama.

When this kid uses Mama, I know he is speaking from his heart. As hard as I may try to hide certain aspects of this process, it amazes me what my children pick up on. Leave it to Cameron to vocalize it. I LOVE that kid!

0 comments: