Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Sara (Project 365/2010)

Cameron going into DKA happened at THE absolute worst time. My cousin Sara, Mandelyn's Mommia, is here on a visit. We haven't seen her in almost 2 years. She moved right after Cameron turned 9, and before his diabetes diagnosis, and she missed Peyton's first birthday. Fortunately, Cameron and I went over to my Aunt and Uncle's Friday night, after pump training, and she got to see Cameron then. However, we had tonight set up for a big family dinner at my house, and I had a few surprises set up for her (like her favorite foods and my BFF and family as a surprise). As soon as Cameron was admitted into the hospital, all I could think about was how was Sara going to see Dylan and Peyton. Cameron assured me that he was fine, I could leave early, and spend the evening with Sara. So I did. I left the hospital around 5, home by 6, and my Aunt (PatPam) and Sara came over. I NEEDED the laughs, I NEEDED the relaxation, and I NEEDED that time with Sara. I absolutely LOVED watching Sara and Peyton playing, but as always, it was bittersweet because we were missing a girl. This time of year is always the hardest (Mandelyn would be turning 7 in a couple of days), and I always envision Mande showing Peyton the ropes.

Cameron called to tell us they moved him to the regular Peds floor, and that his nurse ROCKED. She better had, otherwise I was getting in my car and heading to the hospital. We passed the phone around and he got to talk to everyone. Then we put him on speaker phone and he told us he loved us and goodnight. Sara and PatPam (nicknamed so by Cameron, who couldn't say Auntie Pam, so he called her PatPam, which always cracked me up because it sounded like Batman!) stayed until almost 11, and even though I was emotionally drained, my body kept going like that darn energizer bunny. So I'm off to pick up my niece, Allie, and see if we can catch the midnight showing of Eclipse. hehehe

0 comments: