Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Spring Reading Thing 2012

Can it be? Are you sure? Spring has Sprung? I'll be melting away in the desert heat before I know it. For now, I focus on joining Katrina, over at Callapidder Days, for her Spring Reading Thing 2012.

Here are the list of books I would like to read this Spring:

The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks
Two Kisses for Maddy by Matt Logelin
Prayer by Phillip Yancey
The Wolf Gift by Anne Rice

I have had Two Kisses for Maddy on my shelf since it came out, April 2011. I have followed Matt's story, pretty much, since the beginning, and have followed his blog since then. I preordered his book on amazon when he announced we could. Peyton is only a few months older than Maddy, and little did I know, the day I preordered Two Kisses for Maddy, that I would end up a widow a couple months later. I am tired of looking at this beautiful cover of father and daughter and not having the courage to open it and read it.

I am committed to reading this list of books. I'm sure I'll switch it up, and/or add something to the mix, as I go poking through all of your lists. If I get these read, I'll be pleased.

I haven't read much since Fall Into Reading 2011. Well, I should clarify, I have thrown myself into women's bible studies since the death of my Beloved husband. I'm in the word, but zero recreational reading. I feel left behind in the times right now. Some of my own doing, I'm sure. I just don't feel the need to "join in" on much, while my world around me is still in ruins.

5 comments:

Jen E @ mommablogsalot said...

Good luck with your challenge, I'm very intrigued by the Anne Rice book, sounds really good!

Nise' said...

I want to read Matt Loeglin's books too. Have a great Spring of reading.

apple blossom said...

you mentioned in comment on my Spring Challenge post blog about the Children's 5 love languages I have A Perfect Pet for Peyton on giveaway til 4/22 [http://abis-scrapsoflife.blogspot.com/2012/03/perfect-pet-for-peyton-by-rick-osborne.html] and will have the adults 5 love language of Children on giveaway starting 4/9

thanks for visiting my blog

Veggiemomof2 said...

I've heard the Prayer book is very good, but haven't gotten to it yet.

Have a great spring!

Ro said...

Very sorry to hear about your husband.

I like your list, good mix! :)