Friday, September 23, 2011

Fall Into Reading 2011

My favorite season...Fall. One of my favorite parts of the season? Katrina's Fall Into Reading.

I am at a loss, literally, as I haven't read as much as I would have liked to this year. In the wake of my husband's untimely death, I have immersed myself in a lot of television watching, and computer nonsense. I have compiled a list of books I'd like to read, even bought a few on my nook...alas, no reading.

If I get the following books read this season, I'll be happy.

True Believer by Nicholas Sparks (need to finish)
At First Sight by Nicholas Sparks (sequel to True Believer)
The Best of Me by Nicholas Sparks (comes out in October)
Heaven is for Real by Todd Burpo
Afterlife by Claudia Gray (sitting in my nook since released in March, purchased it last year after reading the Evernight Series)
A Stolen Life by Jaycee Dugard
The Help by Kathryn Stockett
Forgotten God: Reversing Our Tragic Neglect of the Holy Spirit by Francis Chan

10 comments:

Susanne said...

I am so, so sorry for your great loss. I hope you can get to some of the books on your list. The Help was a wonderful book.

Jen E @ mommablogsalot said...

You have a great list of books to keep you busy this fall! The Help is surely one of the best books I've read this year - I hope you love it as much as I did! Good luck with your challenge!

Kristin said...

So sorry to hear about your loss...hoping you find peace and comfort.

My favorite part of the fall is this reading challenge, too. I've been thinking about this and putting my list together for a while now.

Hope you find time and the want to read.

Katrina said...

I'm so very sorry about the loss of your husband, Tiffany. I hope you are able to continue to find healing and strength in the Lord.

Thanks for taking the time to be part of Fall Into Reading 2011! The Help is a very good book -- I listened to the audiobook last year and loved it. I also just finished reading Forgotten God with a friend of mine. Good stuff. Enjoy your fall reading!

Amy said...

I absolutely loved The Help (one of my 2 favorite reads of 2010) and I just finished A Stolen Life about a month or so ago. Happy reading! My list is here.

Nise' said...

First let me offer you my sympathy on the loss of your husband. I hope that reading will be a respite for you. The Help was a great book.

kewkew said...

Looks like a good list. Hope you have the motivation to get to them. So sorry to hear about your loss.

Sandra Stiles said...

What a wonderful selection of books. I look forward to hearing how you did with the challenge.

Jimi said...

I'm sorry to hear about your loss.
I love your list! Heaven is for Real is one of the best books I read this year. Loved it. And The Help is just wonderful. Enjoy your reading!!

Amy said...

Like the others I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your husband.

You have an awesome list...added several to my TBR! Thanks for sharing.