Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Works for me Wednesday


This is my first Works for me Wednesday post. I have been reading Shannon over at Rocks In My Dryer for months, I just couldn't come up with a little something that works for me. That was until yesterday. As the summer season comes to an end, I have found myself back in the garage, pulling out my totes that store my boy's clothes from last Fall/Winter. I do the whole size check, and they NEVER wear anything twice, come on, they're boys! I weed out the clothes in piles, throw away, donate, and ebay. Yes, I said ebay! I belong to ebay anonymous. What works for me is taking the REALLY good clothes, like Gymboree or The Children's Place or Disney, you know the ones that we go to church in or out on the town, and listing them on ebay. I then take that money to replace the boy's clothes. I keep saying boys, however this year I have a darling daughter, who was born in the fall, that I get to sell some SUPER cute stuff! This also works for me during Halloween time. Halloween is a HUGE deal in this household. I take last years costumes, sell them on ebay, and use that money to replace with this years costume. Works for me.

8 comments:

Audra Krell said...

That would work for me too! I always thought there wasn't much money to be had on eBay, but I'm thinking a lot differently now. Good luck with your great sales!

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

That's a great idea! I am intimidated to sell things on ebay but I really should give it a try. Thanks for the encouragement! And thanks for visiting me today! :)
-Carrie

Shell in your Pocket said...

Thanks for stopping by..great idea with the Christmas cards. I love you blog...so very cute with your pictures and big sunflower...love it!
Sandy Toes at www.shellinyourpocket.blogspot.com

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

Great tips. I have been intimidated about trying to sell on ebay. But, I know so many people do it. You inspire me. Thanks. Glad you came by my site, as well. What would we do without a little Mickey Mouse Club?

Totallyscrappy said...

I've gotten a few things from Ebay, but I've never sold anything there. I have done consignment sales, however. That usually brings in enough to replace a few things for the hand me down box.
Thank you for your sweet words on my blog. At Jim's funeral there was a dvd of photos of him and we will enjoy that for years to come.

Tanya said...

I have also discovered selling clothes (especially my daughter's) on Ebay. I don't feel so guilty buying brand names if I can make a nice return on them. Wait til you see the bidding on girls' clothes...you're going to love it!

Cindy said...

I NEED to sell clothes on eBay, but I'm secretly hoping my DH will agree to another child...until then, the storage continues.

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Donielle said...

Great idea! I've been weeding through our clothes as well, and may have to give this a try.

and thanks for stopping by RaisingPeanuts.com!