Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Baby of Mine

The angst I feel even writing this blog. Cameron finishes 3rd grade tomorrow. Yes, I said THIRD grade! In the last two weeks we've had a Patriotic assembly, where they sang and gave the back story to each of the songs, water day, where water guns were allowed and Cameron came home with a LITTLE sunburn, and an Awards ceremony, where he earned Outstanding Reader. My almost 9 year old baby is growing up so fast, could somebody please stop him? Rather than throw one of our all out birthday parties, this year we're spending the weekend at Knott's Berry Farm. We'll go one day to the park, stay the night, and hit Soak City (where the actual party is at) the following day. Cameron is affectionately known as "Loody." When Dylan began to talk he would CONSTANTLY say or ask for "Loody." I would get so frustrated and tell him, "I love you son, but I don't understand the words that are coming out of your mouth." Alas, one day I was asking him to say this, say that, and when I got to brother, he said, "Loody." I asked again for him to say brother and the reply was the same. Lightbulb moment. We have, much to the dismay of many, reinforced it. Dylan does call him Cameron more often, but we still refer to him as Loody, which is exactly what Dylan called him infront of all of his little friends at school during the Awards ceremony! LOL Cameron is a wonderful big Loody. He is right there to help, sometimes he's a little TOO eager. Cameron is the oldest, and does have the oldest child syndrome. I mean, come on, he is 5 year and 5 months older than Dylan. Therefore, what he says goes, right? I understand and feel his pain so much. I am the oldest and 6 1/2 years older than my sister. I knew what Cameron would feel when Dylan was brought home. Do you know what he said when we told him I was pregnant with his sister? "I already don't get enough time with my dad!" He meant it too. Do you know what that baby of mine did while I was pregnant with his brother (and sicker than I could ever imagine)? He would check on me, laying in bed, "Do you need anything Mama? A glass of water?" Mama. Yes, my children call me Mama. How lucky am I? Cameron's favorite Pooh character when he was a toddler was Roo. What did Roo call Kanga? Mama. Dylan followed his Loody's footsteps. Sweeter words have never been spoken.

For more Talk About Tuesday, click here

1 comments:

Lady Millionaire said...

Ok, the kid goes into the freeze chamber until we can make a visit to ya'll. We sure do miss you. I'd forgotten for a while that you had started this blog. And I haven't been able to reach for a time. Give me a holler. The phone numbers are all the same. The email addies are all still active. And we're not moving.

Love & Hugs!
c.