Saturday, September 9, 2006

Mandelyn's Marker Dedication

We visited Sunset Hills today for Mandelyn's marker dedication. At first, I must admit, I wasn't thrilled that we were doing this on Cameron's birthday. He's already missing her so badly and continually talking about her not being here for his birthday. He had a song he wanted to sing, but got up this morning and said he really didn't feel like it. I thought, "OH NO! Here is comes. He's not going to do this today." Mind you, this kid has been PATIENTLY waiting for his cousin's marker to come in. When the time came to go, he ran out the door, which of course relieved me. On the way there, he said, "Mama, I get to spend my birthday with Mandelyn!" He was then excited. I sighed a great sigh of relief. We blew bubbles and Mandelyn's Uncle Cody played his new acoustic guitar. I videotaped it and took some pictures of everyone for Sara to have and to send to her dad, who lives in Washington and couldn't make it. All in all, a wonderfully spent time, visiting, and taking in everything Mandelyn. I miss her so much and tomorrow is going to be so hard. We're having Cameron's 7th birthday at Chuck E. Cheese. Cameron isn't worried though, "She'll be at Chuck E. Cheese with us tomorrow." However, even as upbeat as he is, he is continually asking questions about cremeation (Mandelyn was cremated) and her marker and if she's under it. Let's face it, he is ONLY 7. Already at 7, so much he has had to endure. Mainly the loss of his beautiful cousin, who thought the sun and moon rose and set on him. Oh, how I pray for his little heart to heal.

0 comments: